The Armada Campaign 1588 : The Great Enterprise Against England Paperback / softback
Illustrated by Howard Gerrard
Part of the Osprey Campaign S. series
Ever a popular subject, the thwarted invasion of England by the Spanish Armada is studied here in detail.
How Philip ll's fleet was, in a few short days, stopped from invading England and forced into full retreat is looked at in a new and fascinating way, With the help of battle plans and bird's eye views of the action Angus Konstam, a leading historian in the field, here considers many of the intriguing questions surrounding the campaign, Why did the Armada fail?
Were the English really superior in ships and gunnery? And perhaps the most fascinating of all, what would have happened if the Spanish had succeeded?
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, 37 b&w and 13 colour illustrations, chronology, further reading
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 25/03/2001
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781841761923