Gender And The Restructured University Paperback / softback
by Ann Brooks
Edited by Alison Mackinnon
* How are higher education institutions repositioning themselves to meet the demands of the global knowledge economy?* How has the restructuring of universities impacted upon their framework, practices and academics, and what has been the gendered nature of these changes?* How do women managers in academia address the management of change in the context of the new corporate managerialism?Gender and the Restructured University explores the impact of globalization and organizational change on academic institutions and their staff.
It considers the restructuring of universities as part of a broader process of reconstructing academic identities for the global knowledge economy.
It considers the corporatization of academic life and its particular implications for academic women.
Finally, it looks closely at how women managers now handle the management of change within their own institutions against the backdrop of the past decade's globalization and restructuring of academia.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 208 pages, index
- Publisher: Open University Press
- Publication Date: 01/08/2001
- Category: Gender studies, gender groups
- ISBN: 9780335206711