Bauhaus Diaspora And Beyond : Transforming Education through Art, Design and Architecture Paperback / softback
Edited by Ann Stephen, Andrew McNamara
Bauhaus Diaspora and Beyond presents an extraordinary new Australasian cultural history.
It is a migrant and refugee story: from 1930, the arrival of so many emigre, internee and refugee educators helped to transform art, architecture and design in Australia and New Zealand.
Fifteen thematic essays and twenty individual case studies bring to light a tremendous amount of new archival material in order to show how these innovative educators, exiled from Nazism, introduced Bauhaus ideas and models to a new world.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 288 pages, 125 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Melbourne University Press
- Publication Date: 30/07/2019
- Category: Art & design styles: Modernist design & Bauhaus
- ISBN: 9780522875621