Alexandra Bircken Paperback / softback
Edited by Nicolaus Schafhausen, Florian Waldvogel
Alexandra Bircken's sculptures and installations consist of knitted-together bits of wood, branches, stone, metal, dried plants and leather.
Her interest in the preciousness and abjection of fashion and flower arrangement synthesizes a homely, therapeutic, arts-and-crafts aesthetic to create amuletlike objects that border on the spiritual, if not the occult.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 88 pages, 62 colour illustrations
- Publisher: Buchhandlung Walther Konig GmbH & Co. KG. Abt. Ver
- Publication Date: 07/11/2008
- Category: Individual artists, art monographs
- ISBN: 9783865605092