The Tenant of Wildfell Hall Hardback
by ANNE BRONTE
Part of the Signature Classics series
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall is the second and final novel by Anne Bronte.
It was first published in 1848. It is probably the most shocking of the Brontes' novels and it had an instant and phenomenal success.
However, after Anne's death her sister Charlotte prevented its re-publication.
Most critics now consider The Tenant of Wildfell Hall to be one of the first feminist novels.
May Sinclair, a popular English writer of the time, said that the slamming of Helen's bedroom door against her husband reverberated throughout Victorian England.
In leaving her husband, Helen violates not only social conventions, but also the early 19th century English law.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 412 pages
- Publisher: Worth Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 26/02/2019
- Category: Classic fiction (pre c 1945)
- ISBN: 9781849311571
- Paperback / softback from £2.50
- Hardback from £7.49
- Mixed media product from £40.95
- EPUB from £1.39
- eAudiobook MP3 from £5.84
- Leather / fine binding from £9.95