Stealing Rembrandts : The Untold Stories of Notorious Art Heists Paperback / softback
Art security expert Anthony M. Amore and award-winning investigative reporter Tom Mashberg reveal the actors behind the major Rembrandt heists in the last century.
Through thefts around the world - from Stockholm to Boston - the authors track daring entries and escapes from the world's most renowned museums.
There are robbers who coolly walk off with multimillion dollar paintings; self-styled art experts who fall in love with the Dutch master and desire to own his art at all costs; and international criminal masterminds who don't hesitate to resort to violence.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 272 pages, Illustrations, ports.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 05/05/2015
- Category: Forgery, falsification & theft of artworks
- ISBN: 9780230339903