Utopia and the Village in South Asian Literatures Hardback
Shifting the postcolonial focus away from the city and towards the village, this book examines the rural as a trope in twentieth-century South Asian literatures to propose a new literary history based on notions of utopia, dystopia, and heterotopia and how these ideas have circulated in the literary and the cultural imaginaries of the subcontinent.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 234 pages, VII, 234 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/07/2012
- Category: Literary studies: post-colonial literature
- ISBN: 9780230354982
- Paperback / softback from £18.89