Literary History Writing, 1770-1820 Hardback
by April London
Part of the Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and Cultures of Print series
This investigation of literary history writing between 1770 and 1820 identifies the mode's distinction from canon formation as central to its cultural vitality.
Using secret history, memoir and the novel, amongst other sources, it invites a re-thinking of literary history's place in late eighteenth and early nineteenth-century print culture.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 225 pages, IX, 225 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 16/07/2010
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9780230248137
- PDF from £67.58
- Paperback / softback from £50.59