The Gamble of War : Is it Possible to Justify Preventive War? Hardback
Part of the The Sciences Po Series in International Relations and Political Economy series
This book analyzes the justification of preventive war in contemporary asymmetrical international relations.
It focuses on the most crucial aspect of prevention: uncertainty.
It builds a new framework where the role of luck-whether military, political, moral, or normative-is a corrective to the traditional approaches of the just war tradition.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 277 pages, 10 Illustrations, black and white; X, 277 p. 10 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 06/02/2013
- Category: International relations
- ISBN: 9781137018946
- Paperback / softback from £54.09