Media Parasites in the Early Avant-Garde : On the Abuse of Technology and Communication Hardback
Part of the Avant-Gardes in Performance series
Niebisch retraces how the early Avant-Garde movements started out as parasites inhabiting and irritating the emerging mass media circuits of the press, cinema, and wired and wireless communication and how they aimed at creating a media ecology based on and inspired by technologies such as the radio and the photo cell.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 232 pages, XV, 232 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 28/11/2012
- Category: Film, TV & radio
- ISBN: 9781137276858
- Paperback / softback from £30.55