Paul Robeson was a towering figure in American culture, conquering many disparate venues-from football to film and law to Shakespeare.
An extraordinary athlete-scholar-actor-singer, Robeson also became a crusader for human rights.
In Robeson: An American Ballad, Arnold Lubasch chronicles the remarkable life of this 20th century original.
In addition to detailing the highs and lows of Robeson's life and career, Lubasch offers several personal anecdotes about this American icon, and includes commentary on the 100th-anniversary celebration of Robeson's birth.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 272 pages, 27 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Scarecrow Press
- Publication Date: 18/10/2012
- Category: Individual actors & performers
- ISBN: 9780810885226
- EPUB from £21.55
- Paperback / softback from £20.79