Arthur Koestler's first novel, set in the late Roman Republic, tells the story of the revolt of Spartacus and man's search for Utopia.
The first of three novels concerned with the 'ethics of revolution', it addresses the age-old debate of whether the end justifies the means, an argument continued in his classic novels Darkness at Noon and Arrival and Departure.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 320 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 04/11/1999
- Category: Classic fiction (pre c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780099459811
- EPUB from £2.99
- Paperback / softback from £16.95
Free Home Delivery
on all orders
Pick up orders
from local bookshops