An Authentic English Language Arts Curriculum : Finding Your Way in a Standards-Driven Context Paperback / softback
This book provides ways of thinking for preservice and new teachers to transition from the theory behind curricular design to engaged teaching and learning in the classroom.
It offers a comprehensive framework for the creation and implementation of one's own authentic and effective ELA curriculum.
In addition to strategies for preservice teachers to develop their own pedagogies, lessons, and teaching techniques, Costigan also demonstrates how to design tools for teaching in the current testing- and standards-driven context of the educational reform movement.
Containing real-life examples of reading and writing instruction, this book empowers preservice teachers to translate the concepts of curriculum design to actual ELA classroom practices that will engage students.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages, 7 Line drawings, black and white; 4 Halftones, black and white; 10 Tables, black and whit
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Inc
- Publication Date: 04/09/2018
- Category: Curriculum planning & development
- ISBN: 9780815348429