Screening the Unwatchable : Spaces of Negation in Post-Millennial Art Cinema Hardback
Tracing the rise of extreme art cinema across films from Lars von Trier's The Idiots to Michael Haneke's Cache, Asbjorn Gronstad revives the debate about the role of negation and aesthetics, and reframes the concept of spectatorship in ethical terms.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 213 pages, XI, 213 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 08/11/2011
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9780230248946
- Paperback / softback from £49.05