Beyond Humanism : The Flourishing of Life, Self and Other Hardback
by B. Nooteboom
This book seeks to set humanism on a new footing. No longer Enlightenment intuitions of an autonomous, disconnected, and rational self but a philosophy oriented towards the relationship between self and other.
With this, it seeks to provide an escape from present egotism and narcissism in society.
It discusses altruism as well as its limitations.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 250 pages, X, 250 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 17/04/2012
- Category: Philosophy of mind
- ISBN: 9780230369160
- PDF from £56.95
- Paperback / softback from £52.99