The Women's Land Army in First World War Britain Hardback
by B. White
Between 1917 and 1919 women enlisted in the Women's Land Army, a national organisation with the task of increasing domestic food production.
Behind the scenes organisers laboured to not only recruit an army of women workers, but to also dispel public fears that Britain's Land Girls would be defeminized and devalued by their wartime experiences.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 207 pages, IX, 207 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 16/07/2014
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781137363893
- PDF from £46.75
- Paperback / softback from £48.99