The Universal Vampire : Origins and Evolution of a Legend Paperback / softback
Edited by Barbara Brodman, James E. Doan
This book presents the vampire as a truly international phenomenon, not restricted to the original folk character, the literary vampire (such as Dracula), or 20th and 21st-century film versions.
Instead, we find examples of vampires from literally around the world: each culture and age reshaping the legend in its own image and even seeking psychological and scientific explanations to explain the phenomenon.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 264 pages, 1 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Fairleigh Dickinson University Press
- Publication Date: 15/02/2015
- Category: Literary studies: general
- ISBN: 9781611478075