Where to Watch Birds in Costa Rica Paperback / softback
Part of the Where to Watch Birds series
Costa Rica is famed for its rich diversity of wildlife.
More than 820 species occur in this small country and almost a third of the country is protected in reserves.
This superb new guide features 53 top birding locations throughout the country, grouped into six regions that reflect avian distribution in Costa Rica.
Each site includes a general introduction and access directions, with many maps and lists of target species.
Eight sample itineraries will help plan a visit to the country, and a complete checklist includes abundance ratings.
Information is also included about the best locations to find endemics and other sought-after species.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 360 pages, Maps and black and white photographs.
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 16/02/2010
- Category: Wildlife: birds & birdwatching
- ISBN: 9781408125120