Counter-Terrorism : Community-Based Approaches to Preventing Terror Crime Hardback
by Basia Spalek
This book examines community-based approaches to counter-terrorism through an analysis of the notions of community, partnership, engagement, gender and religion in order to shed new light on the potential of, and drawbacks to these approaches.
Dr. Spalek stresses the need for policy makers and practitioners to reflect on the effectiveness of the initiatives that they are engaged with, particularly in relation to how community-targeted or community-focused they are.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 209 pages, IX, 209 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 29/05/2012
- Category: Causes & prevention of crime
- ISBN: 9780230242135
- Paperback / softback from £48.95