Learning to Read in the Late Ottoman Empire and the Early Turkish Republic Hardback
An exploration of the ways in which children learned and were taught to read, against the background of the transition from Ottoman Empire to Turkish Republic.
This study gives us a fresh perspective on the transition from empire to republic by showing us the ways that reading was central to the construction of modernity.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 247 pages, XIV, 247 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/11/2010
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780230232969
- Paperback / softback from £22.15