Travel Writing and Tourism in Britain and Ireland Hardback
From the mid-eighteenth century to the twentieth, tourism became established as a leisure industry and travel writing as a popular genre.
In this collection of essays, leading international historians and travel writing experts examine the role of home tourism in the UK and Ireland in the development of national identities and commercial culture.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 264 pages, XII, 264 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 13/12/2011
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230251083
- PDF from £50.99
- Paperback / softback from £53.25