Galician and Irish in the European Context : Attitudes Towards Weak and Strong Minority Languages Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Minority Languages and Communities series
An exploration of the role of language attitudes and ideologies in predicting the survival prospects of a minority language.
The author examines this role through a cross-national comparative analysis of Irish in the Republic of Ireland and Galician in the Autonomous Community of Galicia in north-west Spain.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 185 pages, X, 185 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 08/12/2010
- Category: Sociolinguistics
- ISBN: 9780230574038
- Paperback / softback from £50.59