All her life, Amy Evans has struggled against that unkind gift of fate - ugliness.
A squat nose stubbed like a plasticine afterthought on her face, a chin too long and eyes straining to meet each other, form a sad picture that dooms Amy to a life of solitude and lovelessness. Now in her fifties, Amy lives alone with her crippled brother, both prisoners of the hopes and aspirations of their youth.
Then Amy makes a final bid for happiness, a last ditch attempt to meet someone she can love ... who might love her. Suddenly her life takes on dizzying new dimensions as she explores untrodden paths of sexual awareness in an all-or-nothing gamble for dangerous and delicious success.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 208 pages
- Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
- Publication Date: 01/01/1988
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780349130170
- Paperback / softback from £6.15