Land Of Jade: A Journey From India Through Northern Burma To China Paperback / softback
Provides poignant descriptions of the efforts of simple ethnic tribes-people to forge lives amid the larger struggles of political antagonists, drug lords, foreign interlopers and assorted other opportunists; a situation that remains painfully relevant to many in diverse locations to the present day.
Bertil and Hseng Noung Lintner, and their baby daughter, born en route, spent one and a half years travelling through northern and eastern Burma, from 1985-87.
Throughout their account, they describe, with rare and deep insight, the struggle by northern Burma's ethnic
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 456 pages, 1 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Orchid Press Publishing Limited
- Publication Date: 20/01/2012
- Category: Travel & holiday
- ISBN: 9789745241398