The Simple Guide to Understanding Shame in Children : What it is, What Helps and How to Prevent Further Stress or Trauma Paperback / softback
Illustrated by Emma Reeves
* What is shame?* How does it affect children?* How can adults help?The perfect starting point for any adult or carer working with children who have experienced shame, this guide provides straightforward answers and explanations to both common and complex questions. At a time when children are more likely than ever to experience shame, the accessible advice in this book helps adults to boost children's self-esteem.
Betsy de Thierry navigates the need to understand its impact and the reasons behind it, as well as how to reduce its hold on self-confidence.
Reassuring advice will also help revitalize adults' abilities to face the challenges of supporting children affected by shame.
It will teach them how to restore self-esteem.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 112 pages, 10 line drawings
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Publication Date: 18/10/2018
- Category: Adoption & fostering
- ISBN: 9781785925054