Contentment in Contention : Acceptance Versus Aspiration Hardback
Southgate draws on ideas within history, philosophy, literature, psychology, and theology to explore two traditions: contentment with our situation as it is, and the aspiration to transcend it.
He discusses the possibility of escape from intellectual constraints, and advocates a positive 'duty of discontent', and its implications.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 208 pages, XII, 208 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 02/12/2011
- Category: History of Western philosophy
- ISBN: 9780230354593
- Paperback / softback from £53.79