Russia on Reels : The Russian Idea in Post-Soviet Cinema Paperback / softback
Part of the KINO: The Russian Cinema Series series
This is the first book to deal exclusively with Russian cinema of the 1990s.
It introduces readers to the currents and common interests of contemporary Russian cinema, offers close studies of the work of filmmakers like Sokurov, Muratova and Astrakhan, reviews the Russian film industry in a period of massive economic transformation, and assesses cinema's function as a definer of Russia's new identity.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 256 pages, 30 b&w illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 31/12/1999
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9781860643903
- Hardback from £74.69