Matter in the Floating World : Conversations with Leading Japanese Architects and Designers Paperback / softback
It can be argued that Japan contains a higher number of internationally significant architects and designers relative to its geographic size than anywhere else in the world.
Japanese designers regularly implement radical experiments in new materials and building systems that successfully address imminent energy and resource challenges.
These technological achievements are combined with an acute awareness of the ephemerality of existence, creating a rich dialogue between the concrete and the abstract.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 256 pages, 425 Colour
- Publisher: Princeton Architectural Press
- Publication Date: 17/03/2011
- Category: Architectural structure & design
- ISBN: 9781568989969