Leading Learning: Making Hope Practical in Schools Paperback / softback
* How can we understand and theorise school leadership?* How can school leadership work towards enhancing student learning? * What are the constraints and possibilities for school leadership at the beginning of a new century?This title is relevant to anyone concerned with improving schooling and enhancing the professional practices of educators. The authors focus on leadership for enhancing student outcomes, both academic and social.
While recognizing the significance of the principal or headteacher in school leadership, the authors argue a strong case for the dispersal of leadership:* Based on extensive research conducted within schools* Focuses on leading learning across the school* Theoretically sound; reflects the theories of Bourdieu and Foucault* Politically aware; discusses the context of leadership within school communities, educational systems, global pressures, new policy directionsCurrent, topical and thoughtful, Leading Learning is key reading for principals or headteachers, teachers, and other school leaders, policy makers and for students studying educational administration.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 168 pages
- Publisher: Open University Press
- Publication Date: 01/07/2003
- Category: Organization & management of education
- ISBN: 9780335210114