The Royal Siamese Post Office issued her first postcard in August 1883 but historians are unable to pinpoint the exact date when the first picture postcard made its appearance in Siam. The postcards in this book cover the period from the turn of the 20th century during the last years of the reign of King Chulalongkorn to the early 1930s, into the final years of King Prajadhipok's reign.
Many early views of Siam such as its picturesque old buildings and bridges, hauntingly beautiful temples, enchanting canals and river scenes, are vividly recaptured, along with the evocative and endearing portraits of a people whose history has been varied and rich.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 95 pages, Illustrations
- Publisher: Marshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Publication Date: 06/06/2013
- Category: Places & peoples: pictorial works
- ISBN: 9789814382076