Egypt Awakening in the Early Twentieth Century : Mayy Ziyadah's Intellectual Circles Hardback
Part of the Middle East Today series
Through a detailed study of Mayy Ziy?dah's literary salon, Boutheina Khaldi sheds light on salon and epistolary culture in early twentieth-century Egypt and its role in Egypt's Nahdah (Awakening).
Bringing together history, women's studies, Arabic literature, post-colonial literature, and media studies, she highlights the important and previously little-discussed contribution of Arabic women to the project of modernity.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 237 pages, IX, 237 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 19/10/2012
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780230340862
- Paperback / softback from £46.35