How to Use Pasw Statistics : A Step-By-Step Guide to Analysis and Interpretation Paperback / softback
* Designed for use by novice computer users, this text begins with the basics, such as starting SPSS, defining variables, and entering and saving data. * All major statistical techniques covered in beginning statistics classes are included:* descriptive statistics* graphing data* prediction and association* parametric inferential statistics* nonparametric inferential statistics* statistics for test construction* Each section starts with a brief description of the statistic that is covered and important underlying assumptions, which help students select appropriate statistics. * Each section describes how to interpret results and express them in a research report after the data are analyzed.
For example, students are shown how to phrase the results of a significant and an insignificant t test. * More than 200 screenshots (including sample output) throughout the book show students exactly what to expect as they follow along using SPSS. * A glossary of statistical terms is included, which makes a handy reference for students who need to review the meanings of basic statistical terms. * Practice exercises throughout the book give students stimulus material to use as they practice to achieve mastery of the program. * Thoroughly field-tested; your students are certain to appreciate this book.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 136 pages
- Publisher: Pyrczak Publishing
- Publication Date: 01/01/2010
- Category: Research methods: general
- ISBN: 9781884585920