A solid introduction to stable isotopes that can also be used as an instructive review for more experienced researchers and professionals.
The book approaches the use of isotopes from the perspective of ecological and biological research, but its concepts can be applied within other disciplines.
A novel, step-by-step spreadsheet modeling approach is also presented for circulating tracers in any ecological system, including any favorite system an ecologist might dream up while sitting at a computer.
The author's humorous and lighthearted style painlessly imparts the principles of isotope ecology.
The online material contains color illustrations, spreadsheet models, technical appendices, and problems and answers.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 308 pages, 9 Tables, black and white; XII, 308 p. With online files/update.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 10/07/2006
- Category: Ecological science, the Biosphere
- ISBN: 9780387305134
- Paperback / softback from £44.59
- PDF from £56.09