A new politics of medicine is emerging from the changing relationship between medicine, society and the state.
It is characterized by informed health consumers, an interventionist state, and a mobilized medical profession.
With the media now its constant companion, medicine has been abrubtly politicized by a range of pressures.
Yet the continuities of its re-energized institutions remain intact and with them the sustaining realities of medical power.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 236 pages, XV, 236 p.
- Publisher: Macmillan Education UK
- Publication Date: 22/09/2004
- Category: Politics & government
- ISBN: 9780333801123