The Origin of Clay Minerals in Soils and Weathered Rocks Hardback
Of huge relevance in a number of fields, this is a survey of the different processes of soil clay mineral formation and the consequences of these processes concerning the soil ecosystem, especially plant and mineral.
Two independent systems form soil materials. The first is the interaction of rocks and water, unstable minerals adjusting to surface conditions.
The second is the interaction of the biosphere with clays in the upper parts of alteration profiles.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 406 pages, 23 Tables, black and white; 195 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 406 p. 195 illus.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication Date: 01/01/2008
- Category: Geological surface processes (geomorphology)
- ISBN: 9783540756330
- PDF from £110.08
- Paperback / softback from £112.29