Edmund Spenser's War on Lord Burghley Hardback
by Bruce Danner
Part of the Early Modern Literature in History series
Edmund Spenser's censored attacks on Lord Burghley (Elizabeth I's powerful first minister) serve as the basis for a reassessment of the poet's mid-career, challenging the dates of canonical texts, the social and personal contexts for scandalous topical allegories, and the new historicist portrait of Spenser's 'worship' of power and state ideology.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 264 pages, XIV, 264 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 28/09/2011
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9780230299030
- Paperback / softback from £49.85