DNA USA : A Genetic Portrait of America Paperback / softback
Bryan Sykes, one of the world's leading geneticists and best-selling author of The Seven Daughters of Eve, sets his sights on America, one of the most genetically variegated countries in the world.
Sykes embarks on a road trip-DNA testing kit in tow-interviewing genealogists, anthropologists, and everyday Americans, tracing America's history along a double helix that stretches from the last Ice Age to the present day.
What emerges is an unprecedented look into America's genetic mosaic that challenges the very notion of how we perceive race and what it means to be an American.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 384 pages, 8 pages of color; 8 pages of black-and-white illustrations
- Publisher: WW Norton & Co
- Publication Date: 06/05/2013
- Category: Population & demography
- ISBN: 9780871403582