Popular Medievalism in Romantic-Era Britain Hardback
by C. Simmons
Part of the Nineteenth-Century Major Lives and Letters series
Through the consideration of canonical authors such as Blake, Scott, and Wordsworth and of lesser-studied works such as radical press writings and popular drama, this study explores the imaginative appeal of the social structures and literary forms of the Middle Ages, and how they raised awareness of Britain's tradition of freedom.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 233 pages, 5 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 233 p. 5 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 10/01/2011
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230103740
- PDF from £53.54
- Paperback / softback from £55.79