Caitlin Flanagan's essays have sparked national debate.
Here she turns her attention to girls, and how the biological and cultural milestones shape their budding identities.
Adolescence is a transformative period that has radically changed over the generations: from how a girl learns about her period to how she expects to be treated by men, boys, and even other women.
In a world where privacy and personal freedom are encroached upon daily, Flanagan examines and redefines the ultimate challenge that we face in protecting, nurturing, and defending our girls.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages
- Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
- Publication Date: 10/02/2013
- Category: Advice on parenting
- ISBN: 9780316065993
- EPUB from £3.99
- Paperback / softback from £13.99