Modernism and Market Fantasy : British Fictions of Capital, 1910-1939 Hardback
Examining work from Ford and Conrad's pre-war impressionism through Rhys's fiction of the late 1930s, the author shows how modernist innovation engages with transformations in early twentieth-century capitalism and tracks the ways in which modernist fiction reconfigures capitalist mythologies along the fault lines of their internal contradictions.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 245 pages, VI, 245 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 16/10/2012
- Category: Literary theory
- ISBN: 9780230391529
- Paperback / softback from £57.45