Collio : Fine Wines and Foods from Italy's North-East Paperback / softback
The Collio hills in Friuli Venezia Giulia, in north-eastern Italy, produce some of the greatest Italian white wines, yet are little known outside of Italy.
They are also the home of a unique cuisine, on the cusp between the Mediterranean and Central Europe; and close to some of the greatest names in Italian food, such as San Daniele ham and Illy coffee.
This book is the first to be dedicated to this area, which Capalbo explores in depth, taking in not only the wines and their very individual producers, but also restaurants, wine bars, food producers and places to stay.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 256 pages, 150 colour pics & 7 maps
- Publisher: Pallas Athene Publishers
- Publication Date: 01/09/2009
- Category: National & regional cuisine
- ISBN: 9781843680543