The Salvation of the Flesh in Tertullian of Carthage : Dressing for the Resurrection Hardback
Examines Tertullian of Carthage's (160-220 C.E.) writings on dress within Roman vestimentary culture.
It employs a socio-historical approach, together with insights from performance theory and feminist rhetorical analysis, to situate Tertullian's comments in the broader context of the Roman Empire.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 176 pages, 8 Illustrations, black and white; XV, 176 p. 8 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/09/2011
- Category: History of religion
- ISBN: 9780230117730
- Paperback / softback from £48.95