Olympe de Gouges has been called illiterate, immoral, and insane while being mentioned solely for her Declaration of the Rights of Woman and [the female] Citizen.
This book uncovers her radical views of the self, the family, and the state and accounts for her vision of increasing female agency and decreasing the entitlements of aristocratic males.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 116 pages, VI, 116 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 31/05/2013
- Category: Theatre studies
- ISBN: 9781137346452
- Paperback / softback from £38.75