The Victorian Press and the Fairy Tale Paperback / softback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Nineteenth-Century Writing and Culture series
This book offers a new history of the fairy tale, revealing the creative role of periodical publication in shaping this popular genre.
Sumpter explores the fairy tale's reinvention for (and by) diverse readerships in unexpected contexts, including debates over evolution, colonialism, socialism, gender and sexuality and decadence.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 254 pages, XVI, 254 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/07/2008
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230361492
- Hardback from £61.05
- Paperback / softback from £19.45