Teachers Under Pressure : Stress in the Teaching Profession PDF
Our education system has undergone a process of enormous and rapid change, and all too often teachers have found that insufficient support has been offered to help them cope with this. As a result, most teachers now find that they experience stress of one sort or another at some point during their careers.
As a direct reaction to this, the National Association of Schoolmasters and Union of Women Teachers (NASUWT) have commissioned a comprehensive study of the issue of teacher stress. This book reports on the findings of that study, and the implications this has not only for teachers, but also for the pupils they teach.
Cary Cooper and Cheryl Travers' book:
* helps to identify which teachers are currently at risk of stress
* explores how teacher's problems vary according to where they work, their grade, whether they are male or female and the age range they teach
* suggests ways in which the problems of teachers can be helped
* suggests preventative action to minimise stress and maximise educational experience
- Paperback / softback from £40.99
- Hardback from £115.00
- EPUB from £32.24