Madness in the Family : Insanity and Institutions in the Australasian Colonial World, 1860-1914 Hardback
Madness in the Family explores how colonial families coped with insanity through a trans-colonial study of the relationships between families and public colonial hospitals for the insane in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and New Zealand between 1860 and 1914.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 220 pages, 11 Illustrations, black and white; XV, 220 p. 11 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 18/11/2009
- Category: Australasian & Pacific history
- ISBN: 9780230578074
- Paperback / softback from £53.75