Reading History in Children's Books Hardback
This book offers a critical account of historical books about Britain written for children, including realist novels, non-fiction, fantasy and alternative histories.
It also investigates the literary, ideological and philosophical challenges involved in writing about the past, especially for an audience whose knowledge of history is often limited.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 207 pages, IX, 207 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 17/07/2012
- Category: Children's literature studies: general
- ISBN: 9780230278080
- PDF from £51.00
- Paperback / softback from £46.65