The Laughter of Sarah : Biblical Exegesis, Feminist Theory, and the Concept of Delight Hardback
The laughter of delight has gone unheard in the Western tradition.
This work brings new light to the notion, and has a consistent leitmotif: the delighted laughter of the matriarch Sarah in the book of Genesis, when she gives birth to her son Isaac.
This laughter is "heard" through biblical commentaries and twentieth-century theorists of laughter.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 117 pages, XII, 117 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 10/09/2013
- Category: Ancient history: to c 500 CE
- ISBN: 9781137373113
- Paperback / softback from £38.75