Teaching Harry Potter : The Power of Imagination in Multicultural Classrooms Paperback / softback
Part of the Secondary Education in a Changing World series
Given the current educational climate of high stakes testing, standardized curriculum, and 'approved' reading lists, incorporating unauthorized, popular literature into the classroom becomes a political choice.
The authors examine why teachers choose to read Harry Potter , how they use the books, and the resulting teacher-student interactions.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 201 pages, XIV, 201 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 06/03/2013
- Category: Multicultural education
- ISBN: 9781137322890
- Hardback from £66.75
- Paperback / softback from £19.49