Eighteenth-Century Vitalism : Bodies, Culture, Politics Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and Cultures of Print series
This book offers an important account of the relationship between science and culture in the eighteenth century.
It examines the 'vitalist' turn in physiology and natural philosophy, and its presence and effect in the burgeoning of philosophical and scientific inquiry of the Scottish Enlightenment, and the radical politics and culture of the 1790s.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 251 pages, VIII, 251 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 31/01/2012
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9780230276185
- Paperback / softback from £61.69